01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to All!

We hope that everyone has/had a wonderful Christmas. We had a very relaxing one, for which we all needed. The day began by singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and blowing out a candle on our Cowboy coffee cake (one of Brian's favorites). Andrew seemed to enjoy that very much. He didn't quite understand why we didn't still have the balloons up, but mommy didn't feel up to blowing up any more balloons this month. After breakfast we read the Christmas story (a much shorty version--due to our little man). He sat very still and was excited to make all the animal noises with us when we talked about the different ones. Then, it was into the presents we went! Andrew had done so well with not touching any presents over the last few weeks. Mommy and Daddy were very impressed. I think his favorite gift was the vintage people schoolhouse we found for him along with Aunt Laura's gift of vintage people in a bus. Brian got me a beautiful jewelry case! We cleaned up and then made the many phone calls to family. That is always a hard event for me--being so far away from everyone, but Christmas is still such a happy time. We have so much to be thankful for every year. Hopefully next year we will be able to go home to celebrate with family. After talking on the phone forever we headed to our adopted southern parent's home for Christmas dinner. It was so nice to not have to do any cooking today. I did make 15 dozen cookies yesterday, coffee cake, and ham dinner for Christmas Eve, but today was all about relaxing--Yippee. We had a great meal at Ma and Pa's and then watched a fun movie and just rested. Andrew, as usual, played and played! They have a huge pasture to run around in and their neighbors have a horse, so that is always a highlight. Brian and I spent the rest of the afternoon playing some games which was lots of fun. We have had a few of them forever and never played them, I think I found another favorite--Auction. Come visit sometime, and we can play! Other than major swelling, exhaustion, shortness of breath, and more...nothing has changed with baby. I am somewhat praying she comes this week sometime. I do have a doctor's appointment on Thursday morning, so we shall see. I will be content whenever the happy day arrives, but I can always hope, right? We hope and pray you each had a blessed day. Christ's birth alone is the best gift any of us could have every received today. What a continual joy to know that He came for each of us and loved each of us enough to die for us. We look forward to visiting with some family tomorrow and then back into the busy schedule of life! Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you folks too! I know this Christmas was aLOT different for me. I missed all my brothers and sisters!! and in-laws. :-) Can't wait to see you all in about a week!! Love all three, I mean four of you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete