Monday, October 6, 2008

Free Blessings


It has been a busy week, but we have had so many exciting things happen. A friend of mine told me about a Baptist church about a half hour away that gave diapers and wipes to family's whose kids are on medicaid. I wasn't really certain about how it worked, but couldn't pass it up. I ran to Weight Watchers first and weighed in only to find out that I had lost 4.2 lbs last week! Yippee! That makes it 6.8 lbs in the last two weeks. I am so excited and am certainly determined to keep this up! I continued on toward the church and waited for about an hour before being led to a back room full of stuff. I was allowed to get a pack of diapers, pack of wipes, 7 outfits, 2 pair of shoes, 5 pair of socks, 2 jackets, blankets, 2 hats, and lots more for each child. I didn't get many clothes due to the fact that I have been given so many from other, and it really wasn't a need. In addition each family was allowed one hallway item. There wasn't much stuff at the time, but the lady told me sometimes they had strollers, car seats, swings, etc. I somewhat made a comment like, "Oh, maybe next time, you'll have strollers." The lady got closer and whispered in my ear that she would take me back to the storeroom and let me pick one of the strollers that she had just gotten in and hadn't had time to clean them up. I have been praying for a double stroller for a long time. The one I picked is absolutely beautiful and almost brand new. She then gave me 2 cases of baby food for Chloe. All in all I got well over $200 worth in free stuff on Saturday. I can go twice a month and look forward to how the Lord continues to provide.
he munchkins are getting super big and growing up way too fast. Chloe is standing without holding onto things, and is worrying me about beginning to walk sooner than expected. She is as cute as a button still and loves to play with her big brother. Andrew is trying to talk so much more and never is quiet. He is scheduled for surgery November 14th to get his tonsils and adenoids removed. Well, no other news right now. So, til' next time...