Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sorry it's taken so long!



Life in the Swaffer home has been anything but uneventful. It seems like since we arrived home from our wonderful Christmas with family that we haven't stopped moving an inch. Through all the craziness we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in many activities. The weekend we got home I threw a surprise birthday party for two very special friends. I had fun having about 12 girls sleepover with a fun game of hide & seek in the dark. We have had several youth activities, birthday parties, and company in the past few week and there has never been a dull moment here that is for sure! I had tons of fun this past week putting together the food and such for one of our ladies banquets. Our teens helped out so much, and I am so thankful for each of them. Unfortunately our computer broke so I have been unable to upload pictures. Hopefully this will wet every one's whistle til' I have time to put more on here. It's hard to believe Chloe is already one and growing up so fast. Andrew is doing great with potty training for the hundredth time so it seems. Chloe has proven to us all that she is a very brave little girl. She loves to climb anything and everything. Brian continues to work three different jobs to pay bills and put food on our table. I am so thankful for a hard working, sacrificial husband. He is my hero and I am so thankful that the Lord gave him to me. As for me, I continue to work very hard at shedding some more pounds. I have lost a total of 40 pounds and 19 1/2 inches. It is not easy and there are occasional downfalls, but all in all, I am loving the results. For those of you praying for me---please continue to do so---I need all of it. Our family is truly blessed and we have certainly seen the Lord provide very specific needs for us. We are so grateful to have two healthy and beautiful children. They certainly bring joy and much entertainment to our home. They both talk a mile a minute and Chloe loves to quote everything her big brother says. Nothing else is really new. We are looking forward to several fun events coming up in the next few weeks. Something I am truly looking forward to is a time away with some of our youth staff to the youth pastor's retreat at the Wilds in March. Well, til' next time...