01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 11, 2011

All in a weekend!



Funny how much one can do in a span of 48 hours!! We greatly enjoyed our final team meeting this Sigma year and maybe last for quite awhile with changes on the horizon. Despite that sad truth, we thoroughly soaked in the fun and excitement, food, and most of all some fun fellowship. We had a great youth activity Friday evening that involved hamburgers, root beer floats, office chair racing, and a car push. Topped the entire night off with an amazing message on yielding our rights. My hubby did such a great job, and I know I was convicted in several areas, and the "Yield" phrase has stuck with me thus far. After some games and a few hours of sleep we enjoyed a breakfast of homemade waffles, sausage and fruit and then jumped right into verses and a few notebook checks. It is hard to believe that it's almost over. So, we decided that spontaneity is the spice of life so we packed up our lunch, 248 Easter filled Easter eggs and 15 individuals and headed to the Martha Rivers Park in Gastonia! We had an absolutely amazing time and was able to soak in some sun and lots of laughs. Sardines has always been a looked-forward-to game at the park, so that's just what we did! Just a few short hours later we had a tornado come through bringing huge pieces of hail and causing several of our teens to stay at our house for a few extra hours. Other than the adrenaline rush, and crazy kids running this way and that, they were no worse for the wear and we had no damage.

So, that is a very short synopsis of our crazy life this weekend. On to more important things....what did God do in my life this weekend? It seems like when I finally give in to something the convictions begin a torrential downpour in my heart. I really asked the Lord to specifically work in my heart through my hubby's message Friday night, and that is just what He did. So thankful that when we make the choice to give in, He sweeps through and lovingly points out areas that need Him! Psalm 139:23-24, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." There have been many areas of improvement and as I searched the Word this morning He reminded me to diligently seek Him and to sacrificially love others even the "undeserving." So glad my God loves me in that way! So, how about your heart? Has God been showing you anything the last few days?

1 comment:

  1. So, are you going to change Maddy's name to Joan-a?? Looks like it might by appropropriate considering the picture.

    ReplyDelete