01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Little things!

Isn't it fun to vividly watch the Lord answer a "silly" prayer! I know, I put it in quotes, because I don't believe you can have silly prayers, because we serve a personal God and He cares for even the things we consider to be so minuscule. I have been praying and looking on Craigslist and thrift stores for a side to side double stroller. We were given a double stroller about 2 years ago, and it has certainly served its purpose. However it never fit in the back of our car and it is HUGE, so it was always a hassle to take it places especially with limited space. Plus the front seat was missing it's umbrella, and my little ones tend to get the sun very quickly. All in all, it was a blessing and was free, so I couldn't complain. When I had Maddie I started looking into the side by side strollers. They were ridiculously expensive everywhere. I did find one on Craigslist for only $30 but they never responded back to my multiple emails. I hadn't given up hope, but I did stop really looking into them and just kept praying ever so often for that WANTED item. I started specifically praying that the Lord would provide one for our family vacation which is next weekend. Funny how oftentimes we pray in our timing and forget that God provides in His timing and sometimes that being never. Well, in this case it wasn't never....it was last night---10 days before vacation. I had a lady come up to me right after church and said, "I have something for you in my van." "The family I work for was going through their garage and taking tons of stuff to Goodwill, and I asked if I could take it off their hands and give it to someone at church." She then turned to me and said, "Could you use a stroller--its a double one?" I stopped in my tracks and asked, "Is it side by side?" She said, "YES!!!" I skipped the rest of the way out of the church and accepted it with open arms!!! I couldn't help but tell her my prayer and how the Lord specifically answered such a "silly" request. WOW!!!!!! I was jumping up and down from excitement! We brought it home and I cleaned it all up and sewed a few minor little tears and it's as good as new, literally. Not to mention that it is a $350 stroller called the peg perego aria and we own it now! Doesn't God have a sense of humor??? I think so. I am looking forward to pushing my little ones through Dollywood next week in a direct GIFT FROM GOD!!! It even fits in the trunk and is super lightweight!
What requests has HE answered of yours lately??? None are too little, praise Him for them all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a really great brand!! So glad to hear all about your blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A free peg perego double stroller? That's awesome! Those double strollers ARE huge, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord!! :) Don't know anything about the brand but it sounds good! ;)

    And I have to say, I LOVE the iron piece on piano. I am guessing... yard sale find??? Iron pieces are on my "want to find" list too!

    ReplyDelete