01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My new yummy banana bread


My family has always loved banana bread. I have always used my mom's recipe, but I really wanted to make my own and have different options for toppings and more. So, I threw it together last week and LOVED it. Let's just say, my family devoured the whole loaf in one meal. So happy for a new recipe and a keeper at that.

Swaffs Banana Bread
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
Dash of nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 cups mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
4 T milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts


Beat all together and put in 2 loaf pans. Oven temp at 350 for about an hour or until knife comes out clean.

Topping: I used about 2 T butter, 1/2 cup toasted pecans, a 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 2 T milk, and about 1 cup powdered sugar. You may need to add more powdered sugar depending on what consistency you want.

I am gonna throw some coconut in it next time and maybe some lime juice or rum extract. Mmmm...the options are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment