Sunday, August 21, 2011

WOW!

I know, I know, it has been eternity since I have last updated! Much has transpired over the last few months, for which I haven't the time nor words to explain. Yet, despite the business, craziness, and sheer exhaustion I am so thankful to say that my God has not changed!!! I praise the Lord for how He has carried me through so many different events in a way that I can only say was GOD! Isn't it amazing to look back at times and wonder how in the world we got by? I don't ever wonder, I just know that God is in control and enjoy resting in that truth.
May I just say, He has caused a mini revival in my heart and in our home these last few months. My love for His Word has grown leaps and bounds and I am truly becoming more like Him as I ought to.  My hubby and I have done much better at getting up earlier and spending quality time in His Word and in before the Throne of Grace. To think that I would be getting up at 5:30 in the morning? Never thought it possible, but with the Lord's strength that's the wake up time some days. I have really enjoyed some extra reading too. All in all, this summer has been the best of times for me. I have learned so many incredible things and have surrendered many areas of my life that have needed surrendering for a long time. I am so thankful for God's mercy, grace, and love that He so readily gives to me, despite ME! In other aspects of life, I remain busy and crazy as ever. What would be the fun in it if things weren't crazy???? The Lord has allowed me to help with the finances this summer as Brian has been without work. I love cleaning and am blessed to be getting paid to do it!
We are excited to be sending Andrew to school tomorrow!!!! Mommy isn't as excited as I was before due to the fact that my baby is growing up. But, I am so excited that I do not have to home school. We spent much prayer and agonizing over options and more. Yet, the Lord clearly opened and closed doors in providing the perfect opportunity for our little man. So, I begin the school mommy life at full speed tomorrow morning.
Chloe isn't the keenest on this event, because she insists she is old enough for school too. She is smart enough, but it will be good for her to stay home with mommy and help around the house. Fun teaching times and one-on-one times ahead with her. She has a great imagination and I thoroughly love listening and watching her play.
I am so thankful for a godly husband who works so diligently! The Lord has given us bumps in the road with his job, but He is faithful to us to meet our needs and even some wants. Brian just started back at H&R block after an 8 week layoff. This week was strange not having him home after having him around the last 8 weeks----I was really liking it! Have to say, I have the best hubby in the whole world, and must praise God for him.
As for Madelynn, she still has the four-tooth smile, and seems to be attempting to cut some other teeth, but in the meantime she continues to eat us out of house and home! Talk about chubby---she is!!! But, her smile and fun personality brings joy to all around her.

I WILL do better with updating and I will post pictures soon from the summer expeditions! Love to all and have a blessed week!