01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, September 9, 2011

The plunge

I grew up canning EVERYTHING with my mom. I have many fond memories of peeling, shucking, cleaning, chopping and laughing. Yet, I haven't really jumped into the canning task since we've been married. However, I took the plunge this year and managed to do quite a bit of freezing and canning. I have a freezer full of zucchini, corn and freezer jam and a cupboard with lots of peach jam, pickles, salsa, and pears. I am praying for a bigger cabinet that I can use as a canning cupboard for in the kitchen. We are looking forward to enjoying these yummy foods throughout the winter.
I am looking forward to next year's harvest and the canning that will be taking place in my kitchen more often!

1 comment:

  1. Canning is so much fun! Don't eat any of it until the first snow. (That's what Mom always tells us) :)

    Keisha

    ReplyDelete