Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Complaining=Contentiousness

 Complaining = Contentiousness


I have had the blessed privilege of sitting under my hubby's preaching in Sunday school the last 6 weeks! It has indeed been amazing, and I am so thankful for a godly husband who desires to walk with the Lord and share truths he too is learning on a very personal level.

We have been going through a study on Words that hurt/words that heal! Needless to say, it has been EVERYTHING I have needed lately! We have discussed several topics, but this last week's hit home so very much. Complaining was the topic---I know, right? Why did he have to chose that topic? Seems like life seems to be all about what we don't have, what we want, what someone else got to do, financial frustrations, this, that, and the other thing. It is so easy to let our wicked tongue slip and complain about anything under the sun---even for the rain or gloomy days! Well, I was convicted within 3 minutes of the lesson, but even more so when he told us that complaining is equal to being contentious! No way! I felt like I was slapped in the face. That meant that every time I complained I was, in essence, arguing with God! Wow! Did you ever think of it that way before? I sure hadn't, but my husband showed us passages in the Bible and read definitions and it's true! Unbelievable. God has me in the ministry He has me in, the home He chose for me, the children He gave to me, the job He gave to our family, and so much more. Yet, my prideful little self desires to wish more for myself or better things. Shame on me for being a contentious child of the King. I know I have mentioned complaining posts before, but this hit home more now than ever! Let's chose to be content children of the faith instead of contentious children.

Have a blessed day!