Friday, February 24, 2012

Easy and yummy Biscuit recipe

Easiest ever biscuits!






I LOVE to cook and bake! That is probably an understatement of the century, but I really enjoy developing my own recipes too. They have not always turned out the way I intended, but I guess that's how we learn--trial-by-error! This recipe has proven to hold fast over several years, and have found it to be super easy! It is often a request that I can easily whip up in minutes on Sunday afternoons while I finish my last minute rice cooking or whatever.

I like drop biscuits for the obvious reasons----no rolling out and cutting, repeat, repeat, repeat! However, occasionally I do change this to the rolling out kind if my hubby desires. In which case, you would half the milk. This only makes 12 biscuits, so it is usually doubled!

Molly's Drop Biscuits

2 c. AP flour
1 T baking powder
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar (I use a dash of vinegar if I do not have the cr. tartar)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter
1 c. milk

Mix all your dry together and then cut in your butter and pour in milk! Voila!!! Spoon onto cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 450 until golden brown!

I also like to add cheese, parsley, garlic, and other things to it if we are not having it for jam and gravy! The options are endless, and they are yummy and easy!