Monday, February 27, 2012

Rainy day = Big cup of hot chili

So, I am all about easy, but sometimes I LOVE to do tedious meals that involve prep work and lots of chopping and creating. I don't know, I just find fancy food fun to prepare and serve. However, chili doesn't rank as tedious, but it certainly is yummy and perfect for a cold, rainy day! So, here is my chili recipe, enjoy...

Chili

2 (14.5 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
3 (14.5 oz) cans kidney bean, rinsed and drained
2 (6 oz) tomato paste
1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 ground beef or ground chuck
2 packages chili seasoning
1 cup water
3 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped onion
1/4 minced jalepeno (optional)

Sautee meat with onions and green peppers. (I like to add some minced garlic to the sauteeing too) Drain meat  and dump all in stockpot or crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours!