01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 13, 2012

Smile----what's the harm in that?

Several weeks ago I had a wonderful opportunity to teach our college ladies in Sunday school. After much thought and prayer the Lord led me to do a study on Happiness! I thought it would be fun and ALWAYS a needed reminder for each of us. So, as I studied I thought I'd put it into an acrostic or something. It is a bit longer, but I have found it helpful while studying and since.

I have the secret.....it's Jesus in my heart!

How can others see that I am happy? How can I be happy?

H opeful to the End
A ctively running to the throne of grace
P raising Him continually
P roving my heart
I nching closer to Him
N urturing a positive outlook on ALL situations
E xcitingly sharing the Good News with those around us
S miling
S earching for what He seeks to do in a situation and stop focusing on me

Some of the verses that I used were Ps. 43:5, lamentations 3:24-25 Phil. 4:6, the book of Psalms, Ps 17:3, 2 Cor. 13:5, Ps. 63, 2 Cor. 4:17, and many more.

I figured a blog isn't the place to put my whole "sermon," (ha ha), but I love the opportunity I have my blog to share what God is doing in my heart and what He is teaching me through His Word.

Happiness is not dependent upon others, possessions, or circumstances! It is the secure expectation that God, of whose character we can be confident in, is in control!!! And, He alone can give us absolute happiness in ALL!

So, are you puttin' on that sappy grin? I hope so, cuz we have Jesus in our heart, and nothing and noone should stop us from showing our joy in Him.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment