Sunday, February 19, 2012

Want a cinnamon roll to melt in your mouth?

 
 Yes, I know I am crazy! Do you see that long line of cinnamon roll dough? It ended up making over 50 cinnamon rolls and we still have some stashed in the freezer awaiting me to take them out some morning and throw them in the oven!
I love to bake and have enjoyed coming up with several of my own recipes. This one, however; has been the one we used while growing up and that we tweeked when we worked at the bakery. So may I say before you begin this endeavor----1/2 it or 1/4 it! Or you will end up with 5-6 9x13 pans or larger full of yummy rolls.

Cinnamon rolls

4 cups milk
1 lbs butter
4/3 c. sugar
4 T yeast
2 1/2 cups eggs
2 tsp. salt
lots of flour (I know, sorry, don't measure) Just wait until it is not sticking too much to your fingers


Melt and heat through in microwave: 4 cups milk and 1 1b butter
Have 4/3 cup sugar already in the bottom of your mixing bowl. When your butter and milk mix is warm dump in mixer and begin mixing. Add 2 1/2 cups eggs slowly. Dump in about 2 cups flour and then add 4 T yeast. Make sure you add some flour before yeast. Add salt. Keep adding flour for right consistency.

Let dough rise until doubled then roll onto counter in a long rectangular piece. Dump lots of melted butter or margarine and pour over top cinnamon sugar. I know, so vague, but I don't measure. Just dump lots, cuz the gooier the better! Then roll it up and slice pieces as the above picture shows. Let rise in pans or cover and throw in freezer (you will have to let thaw and rise if you freeze before baking). They need to double. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Spread already made or homemade frosting over top while hot! Enjoy!