01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bows and more Bows

Yup, I am one of those moms who has to have a bow to match each outfit my girls wear. I know, it's an addiction, but good news is....we make our own! I love to do these and find them easy and super cheap! I am planning a ribbon shopping trip next week and am excited to get some new colors and designs for our summer wardrobe. Seems like a silly thing, but bow making times are precious times with my little ones. They love to help cut the ribbon or fabric, chose the jewels for different ones, or pick which pattern. It is a memory-building time, and we don't consider it a chore! So thankful for a little thing too that can save us money but can also contribute to making my little one's look beautiful! (o:

We decided to try some different things with silky fabric, pearls, and felt just last week! It has been fun experimenting and finding new ways to create things that my girls love.




I know, we have a lot. We actually gave away about 100 of them last year as gifts, so pretty sure that will be in the agenda again soon. I also enjoyed selling about 60 of them at a local consignment sale in December! It is a fun way to make a little extra cash when I can. The money actually helped pay from some things we really needed---bringing my parents down for a visit! Ha ha, silly, I know, but it really was a need. I am not really looking to make it a business, but if anyone wants any I charge very little and would love to be of help if I can. They certainly are not perfect, but nothing is around my home. We just have fun doing these for us and others.

How about you? Are you making your little girl's bows? It's fun, easy, and cheaper than purchasing them at the stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment