01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ribbon Jello

If you didn't know, I love to cater weddings, parties, or whatever get togethers there are! Food is definitely something I enjoy creating and the Lord has really given me some pretty fun opportunities. At almost every wedding I have catered I LOVE making a particular recipe that I got from the lady who catered my wedding 7 years ago. I have tweeked it much and changed it to fit the color scheme of each wedding or party that I am doing at the time. This is a bit more tedious, but SO worth the extra time and effort! It is beautiful and always yummy and very rarely the same!

Here are a few pictures of some that I have done...

 Tailored to match the orange wedding colors

 Tailored to match a red wedding

Tailored to match a blue wedding

I have done a few others, but unfortunately amidst the busyness of catering the pictures got forgotten. But,hope  this gives you a little picture of what it ends up looking like!

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with what flavors or colors you desire for each layer, be creative...that's the fun in this recipe.
Ribbon Jello

3 oz lime jello + 1 1/2 c. boiling water
3 oz cherry jello + 1 c. boiling water + 1/2 c. evaporated milk
3 oz orange jello + 1 1/2 c. boiling water
3 oz. lemon jello + 1 c. boiling water + 1/2 c. evaporated milk
3 oz. strawberry jello + 1 1/2 c. boiling water 
3 oz. apricot jello + 1 c. boiling water + 1/2 c. evaporated milk
3 oz. black cherry jello + 1 1/2 c. boiling water

Mix 1st layer and pour into a 9x13 pan. Make certain the pan is level---when jello is almost set add next layer carefully. If jello isn't set enough the 2 layers will mix somewhat. If the previous layer is allowed to set too long the layers won't mesh and they will slide off during serving. (It isn't as hard as it sounds)

I have actually placed the layers in the freezer and just kept an eye on them. They firm up much quicker and the process doesn't take as long. They should be a bit sticky to touch but not liquidy at all!

If you desire different flavors just alternate your water and milk method as above and substitute your flavors how you desire.One of my favorites is orange, lemon, apricot, and peach!!! I just add 3 of the flavors twice in the process somewhere.

Hope you venture into this endeavor--- it's yummy and makes a good amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment