Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fungus anyone?

 

I love MUSHROOMS! Do you?? With the fun of preparing a menu for our churches ladies banquet last week I could pick whatever I wanted to make. So, of course, stuffed mushrooms went on the menu! I was pretty certain this item would be the last of the appetizers to go, but I was completely mistaken! At one point I had my handy kitchen crew of men mention that they were disappointed they couldn’t try one. Granted, I think when it was all said and done, one remained in the chafing dish that we got to swipe for a bit of taste testing after the fact.

I have used several different concoctions for the filling, but this one is the simplest and pretty yummy. So, pull out that fungus and get filling and then enjoying some broiled yummy delights.

misc 526

Stuffed Mushrooms

8 oz cream cheese

2 T minced onion

Garlic powder to taste (I like lots, so sprinkle away)

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the above together until smooth.

Remove the stems off the mushrooms after you have given them a good cleaning and fill with the cheese filling. Put oven at broil and broil stuffed mushrooms until the tops are slightly blackened (don’t burn). They taste best right out of the oven, so don’t let them sit too long before devouring!