01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pizza anyone?

So, if you are one who hates pizza I truly pity you!!! Let me tell you, if my children could eat pizza and spaghetti all day every day they would!  We enjoyed making homemade pizzas the other night upon my munchkin’s request. I don’t do it often, and probably should start it on a more regular basis since we love  doing it and eating it. So, I thought it would be fun to post a little bit about it with my recipes that we’ve concocted throughout the years.

I like to start with the sauce so it is able to simmer a bit releasing more of the yummy flavors.

Pizza Sauce

2- 8 oz cans tomato sauce, 2- 7 1/2 oz cans un-drained tomatoes (diced or crushed), 1/2 c. chopped onion, 2 T basil, 2 tsp. sugar, 2 tsp. oregano, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

I usually place all ingredients in a small pot, cover and put on low while you prepare the crusts

Pizza Crust

4 T warm water, 4 tsp. yeast, Dissolve yeast in water and let bubble

Dump remaining ingredients in a large bowl:

4 T olive oil, 2 tsp. salt, 6 c. flour, 4 tsp. sugar

Add your yeast mixture

2 cups warm water (don’t add this all at once or it may be too sticky) Add enough to get the dough mixed and in a ball without being too sticky!

Optional---I like to throw in some oregano, garlic, and basil for some spice and flavor. Just shake what you want in! (: This makes the crust super yummy.

Divide into 3-4 balls for crusts. I have huge pizza stones so I usually get 3 big pizzas out of this batch. We don’t like super thick crust though, so just a thought. (you can always freeze the dough too if you make an extra big batch)

  misc 725 misc 726     

Roll out crusts and place on sheets or in pan you desire. Then poke the crust with a fork before throwing in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes (or until slightly browned). This helps it not be gooey and it doesn’t take the pizza long to bake once it’s all put together!

misc 727

Spread sauce on each one and put whatever toppings you desire!

 misc 731

This is the part my little ones love the most! They each created their half of pizza and then mommy made an extra one and threw it in the freezer for a later date!

Bake the completed pizza at 400 for about 20 minutes! If you freeze them it may take just a few extra minutes to get the middle done!

misc 732misc 733misc 735misc 734

The kids ate half their pizza and loved it! It is always so much more fun when they enjoy helping make it too! So thankful for the sweet memories even if in our own little pizza shop!

2 comments:

  1. I can just see Maddie waiting excitedly for it to come out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! we love homemade pizza too! :)

    ReplyDelete