01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, June 22, 2012

Lil’ bit o’ fun amidst a crazy week

So, I feel completely detached from life right now! Guess it’s pregnancy brain and just being ooberly busy. I just laugh though, because next week is even crazier! Well, despite planning and preparing for a big fun banquet Saturday I managed to do a little diy project that I’ve wanted to do for quite some time.

I have been looking for a cool lamp for Andrew’s room. I had one in there, but it totally didn’t go, and despite spray painting it, I still wasn’t 100% in love and I like to be 100% in love with each item of each room! So, I have kept my eyes peeled at yard sales and such, but honestly, I haven’t really hit the jackpot yet. Until Monday when I ran into our Goodwill and saw this pretty lamp on the shelf. I fell in love instantly and the price made me in love even more!misc 923misc 924

Once I brought it home and replaced the old with the “new” I knew I could finally spray paint the shade and make my cloth flowers. So, that is just what we did! Yup, WE is a term I love to use, because my little ones LOVE helping me make things.

It was a pretty simple project, but I love the finished product and I already had all the materials on hand so it wasn’t any extra money out of our pockets!  misc 928misc 927 misc 934

I did finally take the door of my little man’s closet and painted the trim and calked up the hinge holes. Now, I am greeted with a cheery reading spot when I go to his room! I am so thankful we went that route, because he loves it and so do I! With children’s crusade at church this week he has sat on his little stool all by himself memorizing his verses! Love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment