Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Homemade taco seasoning

I don’t know about you, but anything to have things be better for you these days is great! I certainly cannot afford all the organic stuff, but I am really trying to incorporate less of the stuff with all the junk added into it so it has a longer shelf life.

We’ve made a few changes including not using many canned goods at all unless we canned it ourselves. OOOh, I’ve had so much doing that this summer. We’ve canned pears, peaches, peach jelly, strawberry jelly, pickles, tomatoes, and salsa! My little canning stash is growing and I love it!

Here is a minor change:

taco seasoning 

Homemade taco seasoning

2 T chili powder

1/2 tsp. garlic

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (I will use a little less next time)

1/2 tsp. oregano

1 tsp. paprika

1 T cumin

2 1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. pepper

I actually did this four times and put it into a container in my spice cupboard. Use 2 T of this mix in replacement to 1 envelope taco seasoning! Enjoy!