01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Mexican Creation

Sometimes I just get plain tired of all the same ole recipes. Honestly, I know, there are a million cookbooks out there and pinterest may be an option for many. But, for me, I’d rather just try and come up with something on my own just for the challenge and fun of it! Guess then if it doesn’t taste good I can just adapt it a bit more and make it again. Trial by error is good when in the kitchen! Plus, I’m kinda old school too. I didn’t have pinterest a few years ago, and I survived just fine in the kitchen and within the walls of my own home. So, I would rather it not become a crutch for me. Plus, I just don’t have TIME! It’s a precious thing to me especially with almost 4 little ones, a home, ministry, and my sweet hubby! But, kuddos to you who love those different sites and have time to partake in them! I enjoy looking occasionally, but I think it’s only about once a month. lol

Anyhow, back to the meals. I have been dying to create some different mexican meals because my family and I love mexican food! I am not one of those cooks who develop a menu each week and then shop accordingly. I find that I spent more money when I did it that way, and recipes became overused! I like to shop for what’s on sale and then get creative with what I have in my cupboards. There are times, obviously, that I plan a particular meal and shop for that too. I’ve just found that if I buy what is on sale and then figure out my menu I save way more money!!! So, when searching my pantry for options I came across 2 big boxes of jumbo shells that I got for a quarter with couponing. So, I was inspired! I was gonna make Mexican stuffed shells!

Here’s my recipe! Hope you will try it, and adapt it to fit your family’s taste if need be! misc 1036 Molly’s Stuffed shells

1 lb. ground beef

1/2 onion, chopped

1 pack taco seasoning (I actually make my own homemade seasoning for tacos due to the not so good stuff found in the packaged stuff) That will be another day’s post, I think!

1 4 oz. cream cheese

12 jumbo pasta shells

1 cup salsa

1 cup taco sauce

2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar and mozzerella)

1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips

Green onions

Sour cream

Cook shells as directed and then toss with EVO (olive oil)

Simmer beef, onion, and seasonings. When browned and drained, add cream cheese and stir til’ melted.

Pour salsa in bottom of 9x13 pan

Stuff shells with meat mixture and cover tops with taco sauce. cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with chips and cheese. Cook 15 more minutes!

Garnish with green onions and sour cream!

 

If you want a sweet treat too, make some elephant ears! Cut soft shells in half and fry in oil until crispy. Then toss in cinnamon sugar! Yummy! My kids love these!

misc 1037

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment