01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Free “trash” to Fitting in my space!

I love what wonders a little paint and tlc can do to any piece of “junk!” I also love the saying, “One man’s junk is another man’s treasure!” It is ever so true!!

Thought I’d show you the after pictures of the finds I found on the side of the road last week! You already saw the picture of my mantel with my fun door sign, but I’ll show you again!

misc 1239

Here is the almost completed doll house that my kids have not stopped playing with even if it is with the mini plastic furniture from our people houses! I also was given a cool old piano bench at church last Wednesday and I painted the bottom and made a cushion to match the girl’s room! It is a perfect seat for holding the doll furniture and for sitting on and playing!

misc 1254 misc 1260

And, here is my new canning “cupboard!” I’ve really wanted something for this purpose, but there isn’t much room in my house and my cabinets are full! Now, I look forward to filling it up more this fall! Bring on the applesauce!

I plan on painting some saying on the old piece of wood up top soon!

misc 1250 misc 1259

So, what have you done to some of your fun finds lately? I sure love making my home beautiful to me!!!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks great. How wonderful that you could repurpose the bench! I didn't think about the storage area being used for dollhouse stuff. Watch those fingers!!

    I like the cabinet painted white (and the upper cabinet).

    Your house looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete