Monday, October 15, 2012

Best cookies EVER!

FallSwaringenpctures2012 407 

A friend made these for me several weeks ago and I begged her for the recipe. Evidently it was on the back of the molasses jar! I made a few adaptions and added a few ingredients, and keep telling myself to stop making them because I gain weight just looking at em!

Enjoy!

Mo’s cookies (Molasses cookies)

3/4 cup. soft butter (whip for 1 minute)

1 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/4 c. molasses (I added a bit more)

2 1/4 c. flour

2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cloves

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. ginger

1/2-1 tsp. nutmeg (I added this---Optional) and a pinch of allspice (o;

Chill dough and then roll into balls and roll into sugar

Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes

 

Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 T light corn syrup, 2 T water

I added a little vanilla to the glaze the first time and then added almond extract the second time! The almond taste is the best.

Twist and dip cooled cookies in glaze! They taste better the day after you make them. I wouldn’t know too well though, cuz not many lasted that long! lol