Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bookshelf to dollhouse

Remember that dollhouse we found on the side of the road a few weeks back? Well, I did the first coat of paint and arranged it in the girls room so they could play with it. After about a week I realized it was really cumbersome and difficult for both girls to play with it together! Then, I had a thought! I remembered a small bookshelf that has circulated my home the last few years. I emptied what it housed and went to work with a handful of random pieces of molding, a piece of bead board, and a can of paint.

It was a fairly easy and quick transformation and it is so easy for the girls to play with together! I am looking forward to finding some wooden dollhouse furniture to replace their fisherprice stuff.

You may wonder what I did with the old dollhouse? I actually pulled all the windows out, the stairs and a few other things and the skeleton went to the burn-pile.

I am in love and the girls are even more in love!

FallSwaringenpctures2012 333 FallSwaringenpctures2012 058 FallSwaringenpctures2012 059