Friday, November 30, 2012

What’s that?

Ever have that one thing that just sticks out at you like a sore thumb? Mine was my dishwasher! Especially since it was a cream color it totally DID NOT go with my new white look! misc 1134

My dishwasher and I have a love-hate relationship. I enjoy having a dish washer, but I still wash lots of dishes and really do enjoy that job so it wouldn’t be the end of the world if we gave it up. Guess that is what happens being in a family of 9 and never having this luxury. Nonetheless, getting rid of a perfectly good piece of equipment around here is out of the question and I LOVE having it on Sundays especially!  I figured we would have to come up with a different option though. I found a piece of bead board floating around waiting for a new home so I opted to go the re-purposing route. With some extra strong glue, a saw, and a touch of paint the new look brings a smile to my face when I enter the kitchen.

misc 1658

Have an appliance that just looks ugly? I actually started painting it until I remembered the bead board. If it doesn’t hold up long the painting option will definitely be put in place!