01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY chalkboard

 misc 1718
First thing to do is find a frame or you can make your own with wood of any kind. I found some pretty trim pieces that I’d eventually enjoy making some stuff from. But, when I spotted this hideous and huge gold frame at goodwill for $3.99 I could not resist! I spray painted it a shiny chocolate brown and got it ready to house my board. I know many like to just paint the chalkboard paint onto the glass, but I like to know that if it is dropped it won’t shatter in a million pieces. So, I had my hubby find me a thin piece of wood from the shed and I painted that with a few coats of chalkboard paint. This particular frame is huge and covers a huge, ugly, bare space on the back of my kitchen cupboard that faces into the living room. I love how perfect this chalkboard fits and it was fun to make it something I can change out often.
Putting fun sayings on this board is super fun and this is really the first thing you see upon entering our home! I love my chalkboards!
misc 1719

No comments:

Post a Comment