Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wreath change-up

  misc 1661

I have been wanting to change up a yarn wreath that I got at a yard sale for a dime. I finally found time to do it for the girls door. We went with teal, hot pink, and brown and then added some fun old t-shirt fabric flowers with some buttons for the little added touch.

misc 1663

After giving my last coffee filter wreath to a sweet little girl who wanted to paint hers with fun colors for her room I thought I’d get around to making another for our home. I had remnants of an old red sweater left and wrapped our ‘S’ with that and hung bells from the middle. It was simple but I like the simplicity every now and then. The kids sprinkled glitter all over it and we sprayed a little adhesive to keep the glitter from spreading everywhere.

I love the things we can recycle to make fun things for our home. How about you? What new things have you created for your home recently?