Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Washed by the BLOOD

I know many have their lists out of New Year’s resolutions and such. And while I believe those lists are crucial and VERY important I have had to step back and start the New year off by focusing on the mighty acts and attributes of God. I guess you can call it a “resolution” if you want, but I desire to see my walk with God grow leaps and bounds far more than the household duties and activities that I like to add to my list.

This morning I approached God’s Word looking fervently for what He wanted to teach me. Ever had one of those days that it seemed you couldn’t get anything grilled through your head? You know, the times when you can read the same passage 3 times and still not have a clue what practical application you can chew on the rest of the day? Ahh, I’ve had lots of those days, but God always seems to point something out that truly hits home to my heart. This morning I was humming a song and the Lord really helped me between those words and Words from His precious book to get me to think.

What can wash away my sin? NOTHING, but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing, but the blood of Jesus! Oh precious is the flow that makes me white as snow; no other fount I know, Nothing, but the blood of Jesus!

For my pardon this I see, Nothing but the blood of Jesus; for my cleansing this my plea, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

This is all my hope and peace, Nothing but the blood of Jesus; this is all my righteousness, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Now by this I’ll overcome; nothing but the blood of Jesus. Now by this I’ll reach my home.Nothing but the blood of Jesus

Glory! Glory! this I sing. nothing but the blood of Jesus. All my praise for this I bring. Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Wowsers! Nothing could have started my day better than to reflect on the Blood of Jesus Christ. He saved me 25 years ago after a scary accident in a small town in Michigan. He made me whole that day and the days after I have watched Him grant me mercy and complete hope to walk through each task and trial He sees fit to place me within. Now, have I gone kicking and screaming? At times, but then He lovingly rebukes me and kindly gives me His hand to lead me down the path He has chosen for me.

I am going to go through 2013 overcoming whatever obstacles, temptations, trials, and everyday life not by myself, but by His Blood! What a tremendous list that could entail, but I have found the more I am willing to give in to Him and realize that He wants to take complete ownership the easier walking through life becomes. I have no earthly idea what challenges He has for me to face this year. And, honestly, at times I wonder how I got through the challenges He has given me the last few years. But, oh the joy to look back and read in my journal or just see how He taught me to cling to Him and jump through the toughest hurdles ever. I, by His blood and grace alone, intend to jump through this year and what lies ahead by clinging to Him. I pray, my sweet readers, you will do the same.

It’s easy to look at a list of resolutions on keeping my house clean, being better with time management, date nights, trips, activities, book reading, etc. But, what about the list that in the end will truly count for eternity? You know the list like: reading my Bible EVERY morning, a consistent and growing prayer life, passing out tracts, soul winning, discipling someone, reaching my neighborhood for Christ, teaching our children to pray, Loving God will all our hearts, souls, and minds, going on a mission trip, and the list could go on FOREVER!! I believe when our “resolutions” or desires for change are geared that way and when we willingly jump in feet first, begging God for help in these areas, all the other areas of life will fall right into place. Sure beats stressing about it!

Praying each of you have started 2013 with resolutions to change your heart and become more like Christ first and foremost! I have found He’s shown me many areas I need to start chipping away at and what a joy to know that I can through His blood alone!!!

misc 1843