Tuesday, March 26, 2013

8 years and counting!

IMG_1968
Happy Anniversary to the man of my dreams! 8 years ago today I married my best friend! It is hard to believe where life has brought us and what wonderful treasures God has allowed us throughout the years. I remember wanting nothing to do with this guy for some time, and the Lord obviously saw fit to change my mind and heart on the matter. I am madly in love and am so thankful that he loves me despite my many imperfections. I have always loved to remind myself of our wedding vows that we wrote and quoted at our wedding….
I, Brian, take you, Molly, to be my wedded wife. With great joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my fullest devotion and my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others or even you. I promise to love you with God’s love, to provide for your needs through His enablement, and to lead you as He leads me, as long as I live. Ever honoring God’s guidance by His Spirit through the Word, and so throughout life, no matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband.




I, Molly, take you, Brian, to be my wedded husband. As you have pledged to me your life and love, so I too willingly give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. As is the church in her relationship to Christ, so I will be to you. Brian, by God’s grace and power working within me, I promise to live first unto our God and then unto you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. God has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort, and encourage you as long as I live. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife.
 
I am so thankful for my husband and his love for the Savior! The last 8 years have been wonderful and I have grown to love him more each day. No matter the rough roads and patches of disappointment or frustrations we have faced, I would not trade my man for another! God has richly blessed us over the years, and I, for one, must and have to give glory to God ALONE! It is He alone that has placed us where we are and allowed us to be used of Him in even the smallest of ways. It is He alone that we look toward to continue to lead us in the direction He so desires. It is He alone that gives us great joy to re-read our wedding vows and know that He can and will enable us to keep those until our dying breath.
I am rejoicing in 8 sweet years of marriage to my very best friend! And, I am longing to see what God has in store for us TOGETHER!!!!! Happy Anniversary, my sweet Brian! I love you and am blessed to call you my husband, confident, friend, and godly leader!