Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Morning Musings (Triple M’s)

I have debated about another series and struggled knowing what to do. Last night I thought how fun it would be to do a Monday morning post of just my thoughts from the weekend of church, my devotions, or even some interesting thoughts of our crazy life. I couldn’t think of a fascinating name at all, until I had a light bulb moment and thought of Monday Musings. I added the extra ‘M’ and will call it Monday Morning Musings.
I don’t know how long I will keep it up, but I surely will do my best.
So, what will I muse about this cheerful morning? Something that God reminded me of in the reason for this blog. I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to speed with our lives, but also to share encouragement through His Word and the lessons He chooses to give me.
Oh for Grace to trust Him more!
Like I mentioned last week in my post about being a friend in the thick {you can read it here Friend in the Thick?} I am reading an incredible book- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. If I weren’t so tired during my reading times I think I could have finished it in one or two sittings. It is incredible. One of the first quotes I highlighted in the book is this…
“..No one hears. Can there be a good God? A God who graces with good gifts when a crib lies empty through long nights, and bugs burrow through coffins? Where is God, really? How can He be good when babies die, and marriages implode, and dreams blow away, dust in the wind? Where is grace bestowed when cancer gnaws and loneliness aches and nameless places in us soundlessly die, break off without reason, erode away. Where hides this joy of the Lord, this God who fills the earth with good things, and how do I fully live when life is full of hurt? How do I wake up to joy and grace and beauty and all that is the fullest life when I must stay numb to losses and crushed dreams and all that empties me out?”
Any of my readers out there facing something difficult? Perhaps uncertainties? Perhaps a sickness? I love how Ann then depicts what Christ may say to her when she was doubting God’s goodness and love for her…
“I can hear Him, ‘Are your ways My ways, child? Can you eat My manna, sustain on My mystery? Can you believe that I tenderly, tirelessly work all for the best good of the whole world—because My flame of love for you can NEVER, ever be quenched?”
I seriously could quote most of the book! It is amazing. And, God is reminding me through His Word that His Grace is sufficient and He loves me so very much. Look at the sacrifice He gave upon that wooden cross. That alone can bring tears to my eyes especially when I realize that it was MY sins that put Him there. And yet, we get upset when He gives us a path that we don’t like? I am rebuked. I am convicted of my sin. I am reminded---that His grace is all I need.
So, as we venture through yet another week upon this wicked world, may we each step out with an added bended knee seeking the grace of God that we will need to get through another day. May our lives be a testament of the grace of God and the love that He so willingly gives to all. That is my prayer for this Monday. I pray it will be yours too.
Thanks for joining me, readers. It is a joy to know that God can use the lessons He teaches me to impact others even in the slightest of ways.