Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My baby is 3!!!!

PicMonkey Collage
It is so hard to believe that Madelynn Grace was born 3 years ago! Time sure has flown by and so much has happened over the years. This sweet little one was another NICU baby and I rejoice every time I look back and see how sweet my God was to me. I am often reminded of these more difficult times and see how God used them in my life in mighty ways. Sometimes it’s easy to go through a “crisis” and fail to truly focus on Christ instead of the “crisis.” Just this last Sunday our Sunday School teacher reminded us that Satan sends suffering to destroy us, but God allows tests in our life to develop us! Premature labors, NICU babies, and all that goes with these can be daunting to any momma. But, God has always given me the grace and strength to endure and I know now some of the reasons He chose to give me those situations.
What a joy our little “Miss Personality” is to us. Madelynn has been a joy in this home. While at times she brings absolute stubbornness and tests my consistency in discipline, she ALWAYS makes us laugh. She has talked about turning 3 for FOREVER and I am glad the day has finally arrived. However, I believe she will turn to me this afternoon and say, “Mommy, I be four at my birday, May coming!”
Maddie begged to go to Monkey Joes with a friend on her birthday and we are looking forward to lunch out and a fun day together. Her circus themed birthday party will be on Sunday due to a crazy busy schedule the rest of the week. I am so thankful for the angels the Lord has given to us! And, this angel, definitely keeps us on our toes!