Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yee haw!

rodeo My husband surprised us Friday night with a spontaneous trip to the rodeo complete with a gumball drop, bbq plates, bouncing rides, and a “catch the pig” contest! I love spontaneity especially when it involves my whole family and not asking for babysitters last minute. The kids had no idea where we were going, but we had so much fun. Ella was the entertainment for several ladies on our set of bleachers and Madelynn, well, let’s just say she entertained us ALL. The festivities started when a plane flew overhead and dropped tons of gum into the arena. My littles were there to catch it in and went crazy. I’m not a big “let my children chew gum” type of mom, but  there’s a first for everything. Later in the evening Andrew got to go into the arena to try and catch a little pig. It was funny, he didn’t catch it, but he seemed to really enjoy himself. The bull riding was probably my favorite of the evening.
I am so thankful for a daddy who even when he is tired plans special outings for all of us. We had many laughs and crazy moments, but what a blast it was. I am looking forward to having 8 whole days as a family in just a few weeks! We are all headed to go on vacation with my family. It will be the first time all 9 of us siblings will be together since 2011! I am beyond ecstatic!
Hope your day is full of smiles with your family! Enjoy every moment!