01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday morning Musings

“A rebellious person is an unthankful person.”
Seems profound, huh? When you really sit and think about it, that statement is SO VERY true. I am learning, and begging for His grace to help me continue to learn in this area of thankfulness. I guess the Lord has really opened my eyes lately to sin. I mean not just the what we consider “BIG” sins, but the ones that we consider “NOT SO BAD.” You know which ones I’m talking about right?
  • exaggerating
  • complaining
  • gossip
  • vanity
  • impatience
  • legalism
  • unkindness
  • thinking evil of another
  • and the list can go on forever
Over the last 2 years I’ve found myself far more aware of people and most importantly of me! Often we get within a situation that we deem “perfect” and begin to believe the lie Satan so readily wants us to believe, “We are above the rest!” Boy, isn’t that so far from the truth? Then, it happens…failure and sin seeps in and the perfection of one and all quickly falls apart. We begin to see things from a different light and we begin to realize that we are ALL sinners and we are ALL one step away from committing the worst act. We believe that, don’t we? Are we living in a way that shows we believe that? Or are we giving the idea to those on the inside and out that we are better than they?
I know, it seems a bit redundant. But, I’ve found myself reliving moments over and over again to remind me of Christ and His love amidst the most traverse moments in life, amidst the wickedest of sinners His paths “coincidentally” crossed, amidst the suffering He endured on the cross, and so much more. I have found my prideful self throwing arrogance in the face of those who can see right through me. They see my sin in one way or another. It may not be a blaring “I struggle with _______________.” But, our sin and rebellion will seep out in other ways.
As I sat and meditated on a few passages in Proverbs this morning the Lord nudged me in a few areas. I must live a transparent, humble life before God and man. He has made me ME and noone else. My paths that He has given me were meant for ME and not you. Why must I be so rebellious to complain about the prickles and testings? Am I that unthankful that I’d rather have someone else’s life? Different way to think, I guess, but as I jotted my gifts in my journal today I realized that I am thankful for the pricks. I can be, I must be, why wouldn’t I be? would my ways bring anything better? (absolutely not)
As you pull away and groan and moan about what GOD gives you today you are ultimately rebelling and being incredibly unthankful! You are pushing away His promises of joy, His promises of peace, of His strong hand, and more. Let’s throw our rebelliousness out the window and chose thankfulness in all things.
Ps 92:1  It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
1Th 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
*Would truly appreciate prayers for me today. I am getting 3 teeth pulled out this morning. There is speculation that this has been contributing to my migraine increase and I am praying it is not too awful. Thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment