01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shoe Fillin’

ribbet2

Ever feel like there are HUGE shoes to fill and then look behind at your own footprints and wonder what prints you have left behind worth someone else filling? Even your own children?
It has been something that the Lord has very much been challenging me with the last few days. I am convicted that my footprints often are not worth anyone ever stepping within again. It’s a sad thing, for sure, yet what an overwhelming joy it is to know that I can follow in every single footprint of my Almighty Saviour.
It’s hard to moment by moment see that each “step”/choice I make will be watched by someone. Scary truth isn’t it? I believe the Lord has given us divine opportunities to show His footprints in our daily walks.
Who’s shoes are you filling today? Are you cautiously taking your steps and viewing them based upon Scripture? Or are you flying off the handle and just jumping to the next print without weighing the pros and cons and seeing the consequences or blessings that will be the result?
Seems like so many options and can at times be quite difficult. But, what a hope we have in the footprints of Christ knowing that the prints He has left for us to follow will bring the greatest of joy and blessings. As you "step” today please look at the surroundings and inspect that print you are about to step within!
Ps 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Molly! You will never know how much of an encouragement this was to me today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! Valerie, I pray for you and your sissy often! I cannot imagine the shoes that you all are walking within, but I can say I've seen Jesus in your family through these steps of life! Love you

    ReplyDelete