01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Autumn Change-up!


I like to start on my focal points when it comes to redecorating for a season or holiday. So, it usually starts with the wreath on the front door. I have the one I made last year, but I really wanted something unique and different. While I was organizing my random decoration stash I came across this cool old frame. I pulled out the glass and the backing and thus it became my “wreath” form.
I had covered my ‘S’ in red sweater fabric last Christmas so I ripped that all off and covered it in burlap. The girls and I made a few burlap flowers and glued some bright orange and brown buttons on to bring out some pops of color.
Voila!
Time it took= 15 minutes
Cost= Free
IMG_3298  Last week I grabbed a few old boards from our scrap stash out back (only a day before my hubby took stuff to the dump) Most of the wood was actually pieces from our old piano so there was sentiment in the pieces I chose. I pieced them together and painted “Blessings” across the front in orange paint. I had some extra stain in the cabinet that I had used to stain the kitchen table. So, we gave it a few coats of stain and are in love with the finished FREE product. It sits perfectly on the piano.
IMG_3302 IMG_3303
IMG_3379
After I finished the piano display Andrew helped me work on the mantel and the hearth. Did you notice I took down my curtains? And all my blue pillows? Fall decor just isn’t the same if it’s blue and other colors. I want pops of red, orange, yellow, and browns. So, I stuck up my brown panels and brought down all my red pillows for accents. Madelynn and I also made a burlap pillow and stuck a few others along the hearth to give it another seating feel.
I made the garland from brown string and mini pinecones I had in my stash. It was definitely not a difficult task other than a few burnt fingertips along the way.
IMG_3384IMG_3385IMG_3386
After lots of purging bringing down “old” and “new” from my decoration stash I have finished my first round of autumn decor. I am going to tackle the outside soon complete with pumpkins, another cabinet door sign, hay bales, and mums. We have some finishing touches to do in the kitchen too.
IMG_3382
How about your home? Have you autumn-ized it yet? I love this time of year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I *love* all your decorations!!!! Wish we could do something like that, but pink walls are hard to work around. :0/

    ReplyDelete