01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Birthday Party Fun {Day 26 of 31 days of Revealing my “secrets” as a mom of 4 + time for decor & more}

Day26image 31seriesredirection3Birthdays were always a big deal when I was growing up. My momma always made us our favorite dessert and favorite meal. We were never big cake eaters so decorated cakes weren’t something we got often. However; my most vivid memory was at my 7th birthday when I asked for a rainbow cake. My momma decorated the most beautiful rainbow cake ever with clouds and lots of candies. Ever since then I thought how much fun it would be to decorate cakes for my littles too.

So, the “secret” today is you can tackle “big birthday themes” with absolutely no training!

All you need is LOTS of PRAYER!! ha ha

No tutorials today; just lots of pictures with ideas for random party themes. I don’t have all the pictures for cakes I’ve done due to computer changes and such. Hoping I can find a few more soon. I love creating fun themed cakes. I don’t have time to take classes, but I learn through trial and error more often than not!

elmo cake

Elmo Cake (2008)

angry bird cakeAngry Birds Cake (2011)

cinderella cake

princess cake

princess party

Princess Theme (2012)

Ducky birthdaybirthday punch

Duck theme (2012)

   Marine Theme (2012)

Owl Theme (2013)

IMG_1517

IMG_1522

Circus Theme (2013)

IMG_2946

IMG_2969

Zebra theme (2013)

My cakes are certainly not perfect, but I have so much fun planning with my littles and asking what they want each year. Andrew’s birthday is next and he has already chosen a theme and this momma is trying hard to start letting those creative juices flow.

You don’t have to break the bank in order to let your littles have the memory filled birthdays. Thankful I have an opportunity to do so even with my million imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment