01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

BowsGalore {Day 22 of 31 days of Revealing my “secrets” as a mom of 4 + time for decor & more}

Day22image 31seriesredirection3There is no “secret” that my girls are Girly girls!!!!

I hate it when a stranger asks, “What is it, boy or girl?” Really, doesn’t the pink blanket say it all? Alas, sticking a pretty bow in the hair eliminates those ridiculous questions but it also is just fun to make them look extra cute!

I have learned to LOVE making bows for my girls! I think we currently have WAY too many, but that’s what happens with 3 girls that have growing and changing wardrobes! Initially, I had a sweet friend show me how to make bows when I had Chloe and am so thankful for her help and inspiration. After a while I just started doing it differently and had fun coming up with different ways and styles. I am sure those styles are all over pinterest and the web, but I haven’t all that much time to research those. Plus, it’s fun to just figure things out on one’s own. At least it is for me, I like the challenge! lol

I don’t have a big tutorial for how to make bows, but honestly I think you can find every tutorial under the sun on Pinterest or the internet.

Here is our bow rack that Chloe and I made from an old mirror. The glass broke so we smashed it and put that in the trash. Chloe then loved to spray paint the frame a bright pink. We had a few rolls of fun ribbons that we cut to the appropriate lengths that we glued to each end of the frame to hold the bows.

IMG_4235 IMG_4236

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Brings back memories. My girls are now 16 and 19. Our home was filled with bows as well. I can so relate to what your saying about the boy or girl questions...The pink blanket is not aleays a dead give- away, for some anyway ;) I remember once when my 19 yo. was about 5 months, she was in a dress, pink blanket and full on headband with a flower and was STILL ASKED "Is it a boy or girl?"...Hope you have a extra BLESSED Tuesday!

    Blessings,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete