Monday, October 28, 2013

Homemade Cleaners {Day 28 of 31 days of Revealing my “secrets” as a mom of 4 + time for decor & more}

day28image31seriesredirection3
Here are some of my “secret” homemade household cleaners.
I have found all of these on the internet, and I know there are a million other options out there. Hope you can benefit from some of these.
Dishwasher soap~ Mix equal parts borax and washing soda together. I add about 3 packages lemonade dry mixes to the container as well. (the last time I made it I did 3 cups each and 3 packages lemonade mix)
Toilet bowl cleaner~ 1/4 c baking soda & 1 cup vinegar. Mix together in a cup and pour into toilet. Let sit for 15 minutes and then scrub.
Shower Cleaner~ 12 oz. vinegar & 12 oz liquid blue dawn dish soap. Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle. Add dawn soap. Put lid on and shake to incorporate. Just spray it on, scrub, and rinse.
Glass Cleaner~ 2 tsp. vinegar, 1/4 gallon water, and a few drops of lemon essential oil or dish soap. Combine ingredients in spray bottle and mix.
Mold Remover~1 part hydrogen peroxide and 2 parts water. Mix and let sit on stain for about an hour before scrubbing. (I use this for stains too)
All Purpose~ 1/4 c. vinegar, 2 T baking soda, 1/4 gallon hot water, a few drops of essential oils or dish soap (optional). Combine in a bucket, stir, and let the mixture cool before putting in spray bottle.
I also love MRS. MEYER’S cleaner!!! I friend of mine gave me a bottle for my last “Favorite Things” party. I have several recipes she gave me that uses this too.
There are several other recipes I’ve used over the years, but I’ve found the above ones to work great. I use alot of cleaning supplies with my job too, and that expense can be pretty huge, so making homemade cuts the cost WAY down!
Happy Scrubbing!