Thursday, October 10, 2013

Many clothes in Little Spaces {Day 10 of 31 days of Revealing my “secrets” as a mom of 4 + time for decor & more}

day10image 31seriesredirection3

Today’s Secret” is on how to fold clothes to best fit in your spaces.

Are you like me and wonder how in the world you will fit 3 children in 1 room? Maybe I’m crazy, well, I know I am, but sometimes I have to be VERY creative in how I organize and fold the kids clothing. Through the years I’ve used lots of different ways, different, bins & baskets, and have even had to revamp closet spaces and more.

When we made Andrew’s closet into a Book Nook we lost another closet space. I know, what was I thinking? We love it and having some antique-like wardrobes has helped organize better despite limited spaces.

One of my faithful readers asked that I share my secret of folding our clothes to fit nicely in our small spaces. So, here goes….

#1—I fold differently for each space

Seems tedious, but it really isn’t. I actually fold mine and Chloe’s clothes the same way because our drawers fit clothing better if it’s folded this way… 

IMG_3807

I don’t have to lay it out now that I fold this way all the time, but wanted to picture it better for you. Don’t you love my wrinkled shirt? ha ha

Begin by folding your shirt into thirds…

IMG_3808

IMG_3809 Then, fold the bottom up to the center of your shirt…

IMG_3810

Then, fold the top of your shirt down…making it look like this…

IMG_3811

Folding my shirts and Chloe’s shirts this way fit perfectly in our shorter drawers.

IMG_3802 IMG_3806

That’s the most complicated of my folding. The rest are a bit easier due to depth and sizes of drawers/shelves…IMG_3800 IMG_3803

Like I have said at the beginning of my series, my ways may not be your ways. You may just have to be creative in how you fold your littles clothes to best fit their spaces. Some have asked if the way I fold makes it harder for my kids to fold. Well, they don’t fold yet, so I will cross that bridge when I get there. They do; however, put all their clothes away alone and the way you fold can help them neatly put their clothes away.

Be back tomorrow for a few other “secrets” to how I keep up with laundry in our crazy busy household.