Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Muffin “secrets” {Day 15 of 31 days of Revealing my “secrets” as a mom of 4 + time for decor & more}

Day15image 31seriesredirection3
I have decided to share our favorite muffin recipes today. Honestly the biggest factor is that I just made all three for our Ladies Bible study and I figured I’d snap a few pictures and just share the “secret” recipes with you.
Many have asked for random recipes through the years and are you like many who preface asking for a recipe with…”If it’s not one of your family secrets….can I have a copy of the recipe?”
My biggest “secret” of the day is-----I Do NOT keep secrets when it comes to recipes or how do something in the kitchen! My mentality is if someone enjoys something I have made why not let them enjoy it from their own kitchen too?
Before I was married I asked for a recipe of something that a lady had made for a pot-tluck. I was about 20, but I vividly remember the way she looked at me and the way she made me feel when she said, “Absolutely not! This is a family secret recipe.” Then she stormed off. I remember thinking, “Wow! how immature!” I chose that day to always be willing to share the fun creations I make or find.
Honestly, when someone asks for a recipe or asks you how you made something it is a compliment! Take a compliment gracefully and share your “secrets.” (even if it was made from a box)
Molly's Blackberry or Blueberry muffin  
1 ½ c. flourIMG_4118
¾ c. sugar
½ tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/3 c. oil
1 egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/3 c. milk
1 c. blackberries or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Optional topping: ½ c. sugar, 1/3 c. flour, ¼ c. butter, 1 ½ tsp. Cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together then add fruit and stir in. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
4 ingredient pumpkin muffinsIMG_4125
 
1 box spice cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
½ c. water
1 cup chocolate chips
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until done.
 
 
Coconut Banana muffins with lime glaze
2 c. flour
¾ tsp. Baking sodaIMG_4107
½ tsp. Salt
1 c. sugar
¼ c. butter, soft
2 large eggs
1 ½ c. bananas (4)
¼ c. sour cream
3 T milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
½ c. walnuts or pecans (optional)
Glaze- Option 1: 1/2 c. powdered sugar whisked with 1 ½ T lime juice
Option 2: ¼ c. butter, 1 T. lime juice, ¾ c. toasted pecans, 2 T coconut and ½ tsp. Rum extract.
Mix all and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Let cool and then drizzle desired glaze on top.
Hope you enjoy these and will come back tomorrow for some of our favorite bread recipes.