01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, October 21, 2013

No Sew Curtains{Day 21 of 31 days of Revealing my “secrets” as a mom of 4 + time for decor & more}

day21image 31seriesredirection3

Often I am asked if I can sew something for them. I usually chuckle and then share with them my little “secret”—I don’t sew! I glue!

I think I may pick up sewing more for our next house whenever that may come about, but for now I am content to continue gluing! Seems like such a silly thing, but Every one of my curtains are simply glued. I’m sure if you looked closely you could tell, but I love it and I don’t mind the unevenness and ruggedness myself.

My last curtains I created were for my little man’s orange and blue room. If you would like to attempt this you will need: Fitted or other sheet, scissors, hot glue gun, and a flat surface.

IMG_3223 Step 1: Put your sheet on a flat surface.

Step 2: Pull out corner seams or cut the rounded corners to be not rounded anymore

Step 3: Fold Sheet in half long way and then cut down the middle

Step 4: Fold top down leaving a space for your curtain rod (There are several options depending if you want a ruffle on the top or if you just want a flat curtain to the rod) I opted to go with a bit of extra at the top.

Step 5: Hem (with glue) to the desired length

Step 6: Hang and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of using hot glue! Way to go, you!

    If you do decide to pick up sewing in the future, that is what my 31 Days series is about this month on my blog! Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I will definitely check out your blog! Would love to get a sewing machine and make some pillows soon!

      Delete