01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Storage “secrets” {Day 31 of 31 days of Revealing my “secrets” as a mom of 4 + time for decor & more}

Day31image 31seriesredirection3

I’ve been asked what I do with extra decorations, all my catering dishes and so much more! If you noticed, closet space in our home is not the greatest; however, I am thankful for the spaces I have. But, might I add, those spaces are used to the tippy top! So, I had to get a bit creative when it comes to storing my different season or quick change-up decorations.

My “secret” is that I use the rule “If something comes in, something goes out!” That has eliminated accumulating a ton of extra “junk!”

Currently all my catering dishes and stuff is organized on shelves in the shed out back. I love this space and it makes it easier for catering with it all in one place. Now I can just back the van up to the shed and unload!

IMG_3388 IMG_3389

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My extra decorations are currently “hanging” or stored on the top landing of our attic. It is easy access for me and I love having it out of my laundry “closet.” I hammered some big nails into some beams to hold my extra wreaths. There are bins with extra cloth, greenery, lighting, shades, pillows, throws, and more. It has worked pretty awesome so far, and I love having less stuff in our living area.

IMG_3390 IMG_3391  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of my Christmas decorations are stored in the attic too except all my big trees which are in the shed.

So, that’s my quick “storage secret” for the day. It’s hard to believe that our 31 days is over. What shall I post about next? Thanks for being faithful readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment