01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, December 9, 2013

Stuffed Chicken with a bit of flare

I am excited to share with you a new recipe I adapted a few weeks ago for a luncheon I catered. I love stuffed chicken and have had fun over the years stuffing chicken with all kinds of ingredients. But, when I was asked to cater this particular luncheon I really wanted to try something different. Thus, searching the internet begun…

stuffed chicken

I used a variety of recipes and compiled this one from them. Hope you enjoy! You will need 4 Chicken breasts, 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, 3 tsp garlic, 1 tsp. orange zest, 1/2 cup fresh basil, and a block of mozzarella cheese

IMG_4510 Grate your orange into zest and set aside. Slice your cheese into slices (I used 2 slices per piece of chicken) and set aside. Put all other ingredients on a cutting board and chop fine. Add the orange zest and mix together.

IMG_4511 Slice your Chicken breasts in order to stuff full. Do not cut all the way through. Place on a covered cookie sheet.

IMG_4512 After your chicken is opened stuff your filling evenly into each breast.

IMG_4513 Place your cheese on top of fillings and close each piece of chicken.

IMG_4514Use toothpicks to secure edges. Drizzle olive oil over each piece and salt and pepper. Bake at 450 for 30-35 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

IMG_4518

I served this with Crockpot mashed potatoes, homemade Crescent rolls, and sautéed green beans with red onions.

 IMG_4475

And, for dessert we enjoyed one of my favorites….Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars with caramelized pecans.

IMG_4474

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing! (And like something I can actually make!) Love the dessert as well.

    ReplyDelete