Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Waffles Anyone?

I will be honest, my family loves a good breakfast! And to keep it real, I am not one of those moms who gets up every morning to make a huge hot breakfast. I wish I were, and may one day do better at it. But, let’s face it, food is expensive and when my kids are satisfied with a piece of toast, piece of fruit, or a bowl of cheap cereal, I am pretty pleased. But, when we do get the hot breakfasts we love to do it right!!

When my husband and I got married he brought this OLD waffle iron with him. The only bad thing was that the chord wasn’t with it. Well, a few years ago he found it back at his parents home and we finally had a fully functional waffle iron. It is ancient, had I mentioned that? Ha ha! But, it makes the biggest and best waffles ever. When we found the chord I decided to start figuring out a good waffle recipe. The choices were endless, but I opted to tweak an old fashioned one. So, if you haven’t found your own try ours. It’s a keeper! wafflesIMG_3829 IMG_3832

How do you eat your waffles? I love my waffles with peanut butter and syrup and Brian loves his with homemade applesauce.