01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Godly Graces

DSC_1120

I know, seems random…but I just love these two sweet faces above! They aren’t on facebook or the blogging world, but they are 100% in our sweet family’s world & lives.

Meet Ma & Pa Carpenter. They are the Southernest of the Southern, the kindest of the kindest, and by far the godliest examples that have stepped into our lives the last 8 years. They would give their shirt off their backs to ANYONE in need, and I do mean---Anyone!

Our children have been blessed to call them grandparents after we moved so far from our own. They definitely have not replaced our actual grandparents, but they have filled a void that at times can make a big difference in children’s lives! They have filled seats at graduations, been proud during music programs, clapped at birthday parties, and babysat MANY times.

Ma is what you would call the Best Southern cook in the world, and I don’t think I’d be accused of being bias one bit! Many  times we’ve walked into her kitchen and she’d say, “Now, it ain’t much…” Well, ham, pork, corn, beans, breads, tons of desserts, fresh veggies, okra, and tea, tea, tea and more later we’d pat our stomachs and again say, “Well, if that ain’t nothing much!” Ma’s genuine love for people oozes from her every pore and for that love I am eternally indebted to her.

Pa is a hard worker in every stretch of the way. He creates the best gardens over the summer months and he has taught my children to plant and harvest crops. I love that he takes time for our littles even in the business of life. Andrew loves to work right along side him wearing one of Pa’s old or even new hats.  Pa’s sense of humor yet wise approach to everything makes even the toughest of situations and struggles be put at ease for me.

They both exemplify the life of a servant. In my humbleness of opinions they are true pictures of Christ. I look up to them so much and am so thankful for the investment they have made in our lives. So, Ma & Pa, if you ever stumble across this please know that we love you and are so thankful for you. A little thanks doesn’t even touch the surface of all that you have done for us over the years.

You have been faithful servants of Christ and I treasure your examples. I pray that this love only increases as God continues to use you in our lives and the lives of so many others.

1 comment:

  1. so sweet! I remember them from college days and they were a blessing then too.

    ReplyDelete