Friday, March 14, 2014

Are you blooming?

spring

I went out this morning and looked up at the beautiful trees singing in the coming of spring. My heart was rushing full with many thoughts, questions, hurts, concerns, excitements, and so much more.

Then I was reminded of this truth…

“Be Still and Know that I am God”

…and I couldn’t help but smile and rest.

I came back in the house and sat down to reflect on the many lessons I have received in the last few weeks. Many turns happen in our lives on a daily basis that we never can expect nor fully prepare for, but this one thing is true…

  God has a purpose and that purpose amidst each “season” of life is to mold us into a beautiful blooming tree grounded in the roots of His Word and in an intimate relationship with our very own Jesus.

I don’t know where your heart is this morning, sweet friend. Nor do I know what paths you have ahead of you to face this weekend. But, I do know the same God that gives me daily strength, victory over sin, happiness in pain, and direction in confusion, is the same God who holds me in the center of His hands.

Psalm 84:11 says, “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”

Walk uprightly today, friend, and bloom where He has placed your tree!