01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

As Promised

Life has become life around here—you know, the busy everyday life with a touch of crazy thrown in. It has been almost 2 weeks since we received this blessing and I couldn’t wait to tell you all about it. If you follow me on Facebook you may have heard the horror story of car dealerships and car salesman. Now, I know they are not ALL dishonest, and some car salesman are nice, and it is their job, but I have a new dislike for this business. I will save the nasty details to occasionally “stew over” on my own, but when an owner of a car lot laughs at us for saying we won’t even go $100 over budget and say we are asking for impossible and we would NEVER find something nice with our budget—let’s just say I wanted to chew him out. But, I refrained, don’t worry, dear friends.

One huge thing---I realized that our requests could be given to a mighty big God who I trusted would provide the perfect vehicle for us in HIS time. We had our lists compiled in our hearts and in our conversations and we saw God do some mighty neat things. Here was part of our list of needs/desires.

Needs/must haves:

  • Dodge or Chrysler Grand Caravan SXT (this was the style we wanted for MANY reasons)
  • 3.8 cylinder
  • NOT White
  • Low mileage
  • Set budget

Desires/extra blessings:

  • rainbow stripes (Chloe’s request)
  • Camouflage (Andrew’s request)
  • Leather interior
  • 1 dvd player (children and mommys desire)
  • Passenger windows roll down
  • Back up mirror (Daddy)
  • Stow ‘n Go (Mommy’s desire)
  • Stadium seats in back

That is only the tip of the iceburg! After months of looking and praying, the Lord brought this one up to Brian while searching on the internet for the bazillionth time! I actually woke up that morning being able to do nothing because of my back so he took a sick day. He helped me all morning and then drove 3 hours to a car lot to look at this. He drove it home just in time to preach for our youth group at church that night. (I had to be thankful for even a bad back since this wouldn’t have worked if he wasn’t home from work.)

van

Might I mention that God answered EVERY request and desire and even exceeded those too!!! I watched my children just ooze from excitement and then one say, “Mom, God gave us double what we asked!” And, that He did. He gave us every desire and then added piles of cherries on top the already sweet banana split He place before us. We had asked for 1 dvd player especially  for some big trips in the near future--- He gave us 3!!

van2

The mileage was under what we thought we could afford and the interior and exterior are amazing. Oh, and remember that “wonderful” salesman who said it was impossible to get something we were asking for with our budget? Well, God showed him!!! We got it for $1400 under budget!

I am rejoicing in this new “possession,” but rejoicing more in the trust and faith He increased in our family including our littles!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!!!! I'm afraid I'd be tempted to drive over to that salesman and rub it in a bit. ;0) WOW!!! $1400 under budget. . . To God be the glory, great things He hath done!

    ReplyDelete