Friday, June 13, 2014

Crock pot Sloppy Joes

We are not huge fans of sloppy joes. And, to be quite honest, any sloppy joe mix in the cans just gags me. Almost 9 years ago I was asked to bring a crock-pot of sloppy joes to a youth function. I figured then was as good as a time as any to figure out my own concoction. So, I set out on many different recipe sights trying to find the perfect one. I didn’t find any I loved, but I used a few to give me some ideas before finally making this one and actually liking it.

So, if you’d rather not eat the “manwich” stuff or dump some sauce from a can into your meat, try this---I promise you won’t be disappointed. Well, unless you hate green peppers and onions. (:

sloppy joes Crock-pot Sloppy Joes—Swaff style

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced

Sautee these 3 ingredients. Then add remaining and put on low in crock-pot all day.

1 c. ketchup
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
3 T Worcestershire sauce
3T brown sugar
2 T mustard
2 T cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp chili powder