Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DIY headboard Trash style

old door turned diy headboard

Remember this old door from yesterday?  I nabbed this out of a friends trash pile!I gave it a light coat of white paint. I didn’t want to fully cover the old wood and rustic look so one coat did the job. Then I grabbed my  dark gray paint that I painted our master bath in and just lightly distressed the whole door to give a little bit of pop and a cleaner rustic look!

 Old door turned diy Headboard (2)   

 Old door turned diy headboard (3)

We attached it to the wall with big hinges and a few screws. I am so thankful for a hubby who loves to help me with my crazy diy projects. He texted our friend afterwards and said, “one man’s junk is another woman’s treasure!” Isn’t that the truth! Dragging this old door on 3 moves has proven so worth it!Diy Headboard (2)

diy headboard 

Just makes me want to chill in our room all day. I am still on the hunt for a few mint green accents and, of course, pillows! Hop back over tomorrow and check out our $6 dresser for the girls room.Master Bed