01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Dresser on the Cheap

I’ve been on the search for a little dresser for the girls room since we moved. But, you know me, I didn’t want to spend much of anything. I really wanted something less than $10 that a little paint could fix. With all my Goodwill stops I scored this “beauty” for $6! It didn’t have any knobs, but I had a bowl of random knobs from the years. I found 6 that matched so we were good to go!

IMG_6880

The girls picked out pretty new bedding when we moved and they wanted a purple dresser. The previous owners had painted the living room wall with a purple paint so I set out to the garage to find the paint. Isn’t that purple wall gorgeous? It was the first project I tackled. Oh, and that nasty light---sold that at our yard sale last week!

DSC_2494

But, that purple paint was a perfect match to the girls sheet sets so we grabbed our drop cloth and set to work. It didn’t take much to cover and let dry in our Charleston heat. We spray painted the knobs white and arranged it in their room for now.

IMG_6881

Many times the ugliest things have such great potential and just need a little TLC! What have you found lately that you’ve slapped a coat of paint on or repurposed to be beautiful in your eyes?

1 comment:

  1. Before baby was born we scored a glider at a rummage sale for $5. It was dirty and didn't have a seat or cushions. We cleaned and painted it, cut a new seat out of plywood and my mom made a beautiful seat cushion that matched our decor. It was super cheap compared to buying one new.

    ReplyDelete