01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Frame turned coffee table tray

 Coffee Table

If you are like me you have a whole stash of random picture frames everywhere. My supply is pretty much depleted for now, but I am on the lookout for several specific shapes and sizes. With that said, if you just don’t know what to do with your frames consider making tray for a table throughout your home.

It is a very easy process.

  • Chose a frame
  • Paint it your desired color
  • Screw a handle on both sides if you desire that look (I opted to just grab 2 handles from our hardware supply since I didn’t want to spend any money)
  • Put little feet underneath to avoid scratching your table
  • Decorate
  • You can also decorate inside the glass too with a fun pictures or papers. I went with a piece of burlap for now.

I ended up changing out the glass for a cheap piece of fiber glass from our local True Value. The biggest reason was because my littles love to play at this particular coffee table so we were moving the tray often. I just didn’t want it to crack and shatter everywhere.

Family room (6)

A little un-used picture frame can make for a fun piece with simple decor that can add so much to a boring coffee table.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'd love to see a picture of the empty tray vertical, so we could see what the burlap looks like in it and get a better idea of how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Could you post a pic of the empty tray, maybe turned vertical, so we can see the details?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MarySue, I will! Sorry, my husband took my camera to work this day!

      Delete
  3. Great idea! I love that coffee table. Where can I find one?!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, I actually found that beauty at a yard sale for $10!!! Keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist and maybe you will score big and spend little!

      Delete